Listen and subscribe on iTunes.
Australian sports stars joined James Begley for a discussion about sports marketing and branding at the Mumbrella Sports Marketing Summit 2016.
- Ed Cowan, cricketer, former Test batsman
- Sharni Layton, Australian Diamonds netballer
- Carol Cooke, Paralympian
- Mark Mathews, big wave surfer
- James Begley (moderator), PickStar founder, Rooster Radio co-host, former AFL footballer
It was a fascinating and insightful chat with intelligent and thoughtful athletes. There's a lot to learn here about their worlds, and how brands and the community can best engage them. Among the issues discussed:
- Sexualising female stars
- Sponsorship and funding issues for Paralympians
- Cricket Australia "controlling" player brands
- Creating compelling content with athletes
- How to best utilise athlete ambassadors
- Much more!
PickStar is the place to connect with sports stars and high profile people for any commercial engagement or experience you can imagine, and was was proud to work with Mumbrella to pull this panel together. Check out PickStar.
For more information about Mumbrella editorial and events click here.
Rooster Radio is hosted by Andrew Montesi and James Begley.